Tuesday 16 October 2012

Sachin Tendulkar says he is thinking about retirement

Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar has hinted that he will decide upon his retirement during the home series against England later this year in November.

Tendulkar, in an interview to a leading English news channel, revealed that at 39 years of age he thinks there isn’t much cricket left in him and the decision to call time on his 23 years long career depends on his mental state and the level of physical fitness.

“I am 39 and I don`t think I have plenty of cricket left in me. But it depends on my frame of mind and my physical ability to deliver. When I feel that I am not delivering what is needed, and then I will re-look at the scheme of things. I am already 39 and no one expects me to go on playing forever. I will go with what my heart says,” he was quoted as saying by The Times of India on Friday.

Tendulkar also said that the decision to end his playing career will be a ‘hard’ one.

“The moment of retirement is going to be hard because I haven`t experienced anything close to what I might go through when I retire," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Articles Directory